- I really enjoyed Cline's first novel, Ready Player One. I liked Armada but found it to be a little bit of a sophomore slump.
- The concept, video games+space+conspiracy, is pretty nifty and not too similar to other stories with a similar concept like The Last Starfighter.
- The pacing was a little off putting. There was a lengthy exposition, and there wasn't much in the way of resolution after a succinct climax. There were some big revelations in the last 10 pages and not too much in the way of actually discussing it.
- Unending references doesn't make for the wittiest dialogue, and I think they could have used some more subtlety.
- Based on the ending, I wouldn't be surprised if Cline writes a sequel, but I think Ready Player One has a better world for exploring in sequels.
- I hope the eventual Ready Player One movie is good.
- Review over, 3/5 stars.